The preparation of your annual accounts and other business reports depends on accurate and timely bookkeeping. Our bookkeeping service is customised to your requirements.
Our services can include:
- Supplier invoices: Software coding and entering purchase ledger documents
- Sales invoices: Preparing and issuing sales invoices to ensure they’re accurate and are sent out on time.
- Posting and allocating of customer receipts to the sales ledger
- Posting and allocation of supplier payments to the purchase ledger
- Bank payments posted to the relevant accounts
- Full reconciliation of all bank receipts
- Nominal ledger journals
- Prepayments, Accruals and adjustments
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Month end routines including depreciation
- Credit Control: From sending out monthly statements to customers and outstanding reminder letters to regular chasing of any outstanding debts our team will make a difference.
- Payment handling: Arranging regular weekly or monthly payments.
- Petty Cash: Entering petty cash receipts and reconciling weekly, monthly or quarterly
- Cashflow: Calculating the future availability of funds on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Setting up computerized or manual bookkeeping systems
The preparation of management accounts are necessary to assist in making business decisions and will be requested by your accountants, auditors, bankers, Inland Revenue and other third parties. We can prepare management reports on a monthly or quarterly basis. We recognise that businesses have different management accounting needs, which is why we’re so flexible in the type of reports we produce. We give you what you need, and leave out what you don’t.
Our management reports can include:
- Profit and loss statements
- Aged Debtors and Creditors
- Trial balance
- Balance sheets
- Annual budget and forecasts
- Variance reports
- Project/Departmental reports
- Accruals & prepayment schedules
- Fixed Asset Register
- Intercompany charges & reconciliations (if appropriate)
Many businesses are required to register for VAT and file regular returns.
We can assist by:
- Applying for VAT registration if required
- Setting up your account correctly so submissions can be made online.
- Advising the best VAT method to adopt (cash, accruals or flat rate)
- Preparing and filing your VAT returns to ensure your VAT return is accurate and on time
- Completing EC sales lists (ECSL) if you’re supplying goods and services to other EC member states.
Payroll and Workplace Pensions
We take care of all aspects of your payroll for a cost-effective, fixed fee per payslip. You just have to tell us the rate of pay for each employee and how many hours each of them has worked.
Our payroll services include:
- Setting up a payroll system.
- Providing statutory documentation, like P45s and P60s.
- Ensuring correct PAYE, national insurance contributions, statutory sick payments, maternity payments, etc. are made.
- Processing (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) payroll, including complex payment structures, such as bonuses and commissions.
- Preparing employee payslips (emailing them to you or sending laser security mailers).
- Supplying salary breakdown reports showing relevant contributions and deductions.
- RTI Compliant with HMRC standards
- BACS service available
As an employer you are required to:
- Assess the eligibility of your workplace
- Review your current workplace pension arrangements
- Provide information to your employers about the pension rules
- Facilitate opting out requests and refunds
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records
We can help you implement the scheme, operate it for you and ensure you remain compliant with the legislation.
Self-Assessment Tax Returns
Self-Assessment requires you to complete a tax return, either online or on paper, for HMRC. The details include, all income, expenditure, capital gains, and tax relief claims. There are different types of tax returns and supplementary pages depending on your circumstances. As with everything else to do with HMRC there are deadlines for submitting your return, and penalties and charges for delays.
We can provide you with a full set of accounts and complete Self-Assessment returns for Sole Traders. When it comes to Limited companies Partnerships we can ensure that your financial information is brought to Trial Balance and is in near completion, thus reducing the time your Accountant has to spend on your bookkeeping – and reducing your costs.
Accounts Software Training
Oxfordshire Bookkeeping Services provide one to one training in Sage Accounts, Xero Software, Kashflow and Quickbooks. The training is completely flexible to ensure it is focused on and meets your needs.